Thursday, March 3, 2022

Lample - Major Progress

 It is coming along and I am in absolute love with this object! I still have a way to go as I continue through multiple iterations of this piece, I think this is the 5th or 6th? Anyway, I realized as I put this together that the pieces don't fit together as well as they would if it were made of metal. I think I need a beveled edge that the pieces fit into. I would like to also see this in an opaque material, although I think there is something really cool to the clear acrylic. I am also interested in frosting the acrylic too. Unfortunately I didn't have money to buy a light for this iteration of my Lample, but on my final it will have a light for sure! I love that I have gotten this far with this unconventional piece and I hope to bring it across the finish line with a full scale model. 

I think that this would look good in any kind of material and I look forward to exploring a few options before I do my final full scale model. 





Here's hoping I get to bring this piece to full scale, and add it to my studio as my new lamp and table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...