Monday, October 12, 2020

Reverse Engineer an Object

 Monday October 12, Jessica's Blog... 

My apartment is full of many things, and when thinking about them in the 3D context, and having to recreate something I considered what would be the most fun to recreate. What items do I use most in my house, or have been neglected? How I see them now as not just a functional object, but rather an item that has been carefully designed in a program like this one. I am looking to challenge myself and the selected items I would be excited to do. I also am confident many chips will be consumed. Any recommendations? 

My first thought. Throw back to the early 90's for me before the discman came out and forever changed the way we listened to music, until well you know... you're probably plugged in right now. I think something like this would be challenging. Interesting shapes, and protrusions. The belt clip on the back and the battery door, as well as the cassette door... Lots of elements to work with here. I'm curious about the interior too, and if I would be able to execute in the time allotted?  








My socket and screw driver set, one of the most used tools in my house, and I am very diligent on ensuring that all of the pieces are back in place before I put it away. Lots of different shapes, textures, and text to work with here. I think the case on its own will be interesting. I also like the detail of the paint on the handle. 











Lastly, a box of crayons. When my nephews come to visit the crayons are out, hence some badly damaged and missing ones. No incidents of them being eaten, that I know of. This offers a number of interesting elements to work with, colour, the different tip shapes on the crayons from use, as well as the paper wrapping around each crayon. Interesting to see how that could be recreated in Rhino. 







That's all for today, been a slice! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with all the trimmings. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...