Monday, October 5, 2020

Surface Design Part 2

Happy Monday. 

I've been feeling rather lost and behind in this class with my brain and its inability to accept technology as a way of life. So, armed with a bag of jalapeno cheddar Doritos I waged war on Rhino. Bag of Doritos, and 6 hours later, I'm feeling much more comfortable with the commands, layers, hatch and building of shapes. 

PATTERN I

I used the sewer grate again as a starting point, just as I had last week. It took many failed attempts at hatching and ensuring I wasn't layering shapes on shapes but rather within them... not as tricky as I originally thought. In our group last week we discussed there was potential with this pattern and it would be fun to see what colour would do with it. 



So, I made the shape of the grate, and then 'array' became my new best friend (now that I finally figured it out), then came hatching and layering, there is no shortage of possibilities with the colour scheme with the layout of hatching :)  

Once I got the hang of it, I found this to be a lot of fun, and recognized the pre-planning involved when I started to mirror the design into the full picture. I played a lot with colour in the begining and started to simplify as I got closer to the final as shown in my screen shot of layers. 










PROCESS




Mid bag of Doritos here is where I landed...

FINAL 1

FINAL 2 

...end of Doritos :( 


PATTERN II


I also wanted to explore 'Interpcrv' some more and try organic shapes (I was nervous about this). I created the shapes of the image while using 'picture' and then broke it down with 'hatch'. Again I utilized 'mirror' and 'array' until I had the layout I liked, then I began playing with colours. 







                   


 FINAL'S



Hope you enjoyed 'hatch' as much as I did! Until next time, keep fit, and eat Doritos. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! It looks like your hard work and dorito munching served you well! The struggle behind the finals is invisible to the viewer. Great exploration of colour and shapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joey, I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both patterns. The first ones are hypnotizing. I can't seem to stop staring at them.

    ReplyDelete

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...