Thursday, January 20, 2022

Getting the low down on Grasshopper

 Learning Curve:

Okay, Grasshopper. I am super excited to go into the backend of Rhino and be able to add sliders to adjust shapes. I was super annoyed last semester that I was unable to edit shapes without recreating them. The extra time in creating objects in Grasshopper really opens things up, and I hope to get more comfortable with it as we move along. Here are some tutorial shots as I worked through the process. 


This got weird and I wasn't sure what happened and why the pull points on the left were all pulling from one point... what is that? 






Not sure where to start or what to create I pulled from the class activity where I created a flower pot. I worked through the commands such as extrude, cap, and adding colours. I did run into a couple of troubles with BiArcs where it wouldn't loft when I was making the leaves so instead I created the curve and then extruded it. The stem was a little tricky and I can see a bit of a white line down the centre. So much to learn still... 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...