Monday, November 30, 2020

Milestone Projects

Made it, here it is... the end of the road. We survived. 

This class was a huge challenge for me, the technical nature did not appeal to me at all and I found it very frustrating at times. I've never been brought to tears by maddening frustration over a computer program before. That is why each one of these achievements feels so significant to me, and now I feel like I barely scratched the surface of what Rhino and I could create together. There are some commands I still haven't really explored such as Sweep I or II, never made a screw, or a spring. I have mad respect for what you've all been doing this semester! You all inspire me weekly. 

My survival in this course would not have been possible without a particularly cool and talented individual helping me not once, but twice with some tricky things, and taking time out of their very busy schedule to help a peer in need. Thank you Kitt, my gratitude runs deep. 

So with that all said here we go down the rabbit hole just one more time. 

My favourite of the semester would have to be the castle, no shit. I knew 3 commands. Loft, extrude and cap. That is it, and I somehow managed to create this. Certainly not the cleanest work, but I don't think I could create something like this again. It is just so organic and well, a yard sale. 





The surface design study. Oh yeah this was fun... I really feel like I got the hang of hatching. I will never forget how I felt when Bryan told us we would likely never use hatching ever again. I felt like a child whose ice cream had just fallen on the sidewalk. 



Next up the socket set, my very ambitious idea... Well I never finished, time was a major challenge for this one. There were just so many pieces, and so much measuring. I got tripped up on the tiny details of every little socket, and I only managed one driver bit, and never even got to the case, these were all challenges I could not overcome. I am happy with what I did produce and have a deeper respect for all 3D things in my life. 





Finally, the Island Ring. I was encouraged by all of my peers in the 1:1 meetings to explore this concept, and I am glad I did. Thank you peers! I was challenged by the terrain, as well as the tree, I never quite got it to where I wanted it. And with the hard lesson of learning you cannot un boolean union, it will remain the way it is. 



I'm very proud of what I accomplished this semester and was a tad disappointed we never did the chess set, I'd been thinking about how I would go about it all semester. I drew up a quick and dirty design (Bryans words), and I can do that now because I've got some skills, Thanks Bryan! Not only for the skills but getting us through this crazy surreal semester. You killed it. 



Thank you all for a great semester in these extraordinary conditions. I hope to meet you all face to face one day, and high five. Wishing you all the best going forward. 

J. Broz, over and out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...