Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Wearable Object Concept Generation

 Happy Monday(ish)! 

I can honestly say that I am delighted we had a break from the computer this week, it was very much needed. Is anyone else feeling fried? What is it about online classes that feels 10 times more draining? Anyway, enough of that whoo ha. Here we go! 

I lack mad drawing skills (I have no idea how I got into art school either) so, I got a little creative for my concept generation. I pulled from pictures from my travels over the years and my collection of photos, many, many photos... Photos of sculptures and images that inspire me, things I thought were beautiful, and views I experienced (I've been very lucky to travel to so many places).

By working them and massaging them together I think I have some launching points to discuss in class. I recognize that I will need to draw out the ideas we discuss before I go to the computer and solve some problems before I get down to breaking this down in Rhino. Thinking about the commands we've learned, I feel that I can pull from any of these and build a sweet wearable object. 

Looking forward to getting started and heading down the rabbit hole. 






38. A last minute addition... Reminds me of the bathroom in Vegas with windows that overlooked the strip and at another hotel. I didn't have the guts to use the washroom if you wanted to know but, I did take a photo. I think this could make a pretty sweet ring too. I wonder if it could have a hinge and the lid could open?? 



See you on the flip side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Structure Collab Final Week

And we've made it. Half dead, and really sleepless. I am glad to see that this project has come together, although I am not sure we are ...